- This event has passed.
Rail Supplier Engagement Event
November 27, 2018 @ 9:30 am - 5:30 pm
The Centre for Innovation in Rail at the University of Huddersfield offers a unique collaboration between world-class rail academics and industry professionals to provide access to leading-edge research and development expertise. We are constantly working with a number of key industry partners such as Unipart Rail, whilst forming new relationships with innovative SMEs and other solutions providers to offer:
- specialist technology and business services
- product testing and development
- funding opportunities
- routes to market for new and developed concepts
We would like to introduce SMEs to the benefits of working with the University and our industry partners; we are therefore holding a supplier engagement event, open to SMEs of all sizes and disciplines on the 27th November 2018, during which delegates can meet with colleagues from the University as well as Network Rail, Unipart Rail and the Rail Alliance. The event will provide an opportunity to:
- learn how you can work with the University to support your business needs;
- discover the opportunities offered by the rail sector locally, nationally and internationally;
- hear from Network Rail on their current challenges, R&D plans and what they are seeking to overcome in partnership with suppliers;
- Hear from and talk to Unipart Rail; understand how they can help get your product to market;
- learn of the ways in which you can receive support and guidance from the Rail Alliance;
- Optional one-to-one surgery sessions to discuss your specific needs. Please indicate any requirements in your booking response.
Event timings: Registration will open at 09:30 and the event will include a networking lunch, followed by optional surgery sessions*.
*If you would like to attend a one-to-one surgery, please indicate this in your response by quoting one or more of the following organisations: NR, Unipart Rail, Rail Alliance or University of Huddersfield.
The event will be hosted at the University of Huddersfield’s 3M Buckley Innovation Centre , further details to be released in due course, but please do reserve your place now as we anticipate high demand.