Friday 29 September 2017, 4.00pm-9.00pm, University of Huddersfield
Last year this FREE event was hugely popular with over 3,000 visitors of all ages exploring the exciting world of research at the University of Huddersfield. It’s a great event for all the family with something for everyone to enjoy.
European Researchers’ Night opens up the world of research and shares the many ways it impacts on the world we all live in.
Here’s a taster of what to look forward to:
- Try hands-on radio presenting
- Venture into the Virtual Reality hub
- Visit the Eureka! team and have fun with science
- Have a go at extracting DNA
- Get up close to fossils and bones with the Dinosaur Experience
- Dig for bones in the archaeogenetics sandpit
- Have a go at 3D printing
- Discover the facts and fiction of the super rats
- Try and master the maze
- Build a railway locomotive and compete to be the fastest
- Make your own 3D hologram
- Discover the tricks used by real Crime Scene Investigators
- A spectacular laser and fireworks finale!
On the night, the 3M BIC will host Team HARE, the University of Huddersfield’s Formula Student Team and Team HAWK, the University’s Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAE) Challenge Team in the Atrium, as well as provide virtual reality (VR) demonstrations using drone simulations on the Centre’s Oculus Rift.
The European Researchers’ Night project is funded by the European Commission under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie actions.
Find out everything you need to know and register your place(s) on the website: www.hud.ac.uk/steam
We look forward to seeing you there!